How to Wash Your Hands
Washing your hands well with soap and water is the easiest and most effective way to keep your hands clean, and in the current climate it is more important than ever to practice. Reeducation is an important step in maintaining personal hygiene so it's time we review basics, when you should wash your hands and how exactly you should do it.
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick
- Before and after spending time in a high traffic area
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold)
- Apply soap
- Lather your hands
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Handwashing is your best defense against infection spread and the best way to protect those around you. Join us as we redefine human hygiene and help make the world a healthier and safer place. Share this post to help others!