Essential Hygiene Practices for Frozen Food Manufacturing Regulations
Even in frozen food manufacturing, good hygiene practices are a hot topic! When it comes to frozen food manufacturing regulations, proper hygiene practices are of utmost importance for both consumer and employee safety. By prioritizing good employee hygiene, including both hand hygiene and footwear hygiene, frozen food manufacturers can ensure the highest level of product quality, build trust with frozen food companies and keep employees healthy.
Maintaining impeccable hygiene standards not only ensures the quality and safety of your frozen products but also builds trust with your frozen food customers. Here are some essential hygiene practices that frozen food manufacturers follow to meet frozen food manufacturing regulations:
- Thorough handwashing and footwear hygiene: Your team needs to understand the importance of hygiene and follow all posted hygiene SOPs.
- Sanitized workspaces: Continuously clean, clean, clean.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): This offers an additional shield against potential contamination and protects employees.
- Quality control: It is important to have a stringent quality control process in place to ensure that every batch of frozen food meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.
- Regular equipment maintenance: All machinery and equipment in frozen food facilities needs undergo regular maintenance to ensure they are clean, functioning properly, and free from any potential sources of contamination.
Frozen food manufacturing companies as well as cold storage and distribution centers are increasingly using automation to exceed these hygiene requirements and keep employees safe.
Automation exceeds hand & footwear hygiene regulations in frozen food manufacturing
As facilities look to modernize and automate facility operations, one key area to keep in mind is hand hygiene. Frozen food companies can improve the speed and quality of a normal hand wash by eliminating the risk of human error by leveraging Automated Handwashing Stations to remove more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens in half the time of a manual hand wash.
Automation can also be leveraged to improve footwear hygiene practices and assist frozen food manufacturers as they work to prevent and control Lm or Listeria monocytogenes in their facilities. Automated handwashing stations with footwear enhancements can remove more than 99.9% of Listeria from both hands and footwear in just 12 seconds, preventing harmful outbreaks of Listeria at frozen food manufacturing facilities.
Investing in automated hygiene systems allows frozen food manufacturers to uphold the highest standards of hygiene, ensuring safe and reliable products while keeping employees safe and healthy. Automation not only guarantees compliance with regulations but also prioritizes customer satisfaction and safety.