Keeping Your Dispensary Safe During COVID-19
Most states with legal cannabis have deemed medical cannabis as an essential business, and many others have allowed for recreational sales to continue as well. While it’s important to do your best to maintain revenue during this time, safety is more important. Without proper safety precautions in place, you are putting both your employees, your brand, and the rest of your community at risk.
- Regular cleaning. COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease. The New England Journal of Medicine published a study where they found COVID-19 was still detectable on copper for up to 4 hours, cardboard for up to 24 hours, and plastic and steel for up to 72 hours. It’s important to disinfect frequently touched surfaces to ensure your dispensary remains safe.
- Practice gloving. Gloves are an extra layer of protection for your employees. Since they will be coming in contact with identification and currency from shoppers, gloves will help stop contact with contaminated surfaces. It’s important to remember that gloving does not remove the need for hand hygiene. You should wash and completely dry your hands prior to donning gloves.
- Frequent hand hygiene. Ensuring your employees are washing their hands frequently and correctly is the best way to maintain business continuity while keeping everyone involved safe. Check out this post on the proper handwashing technique. It’s a good idea to have a hand hygiene event every hour. With frequent handwashing, skincare becomes even more important. Read More.
With your employees acting as safely as possible, how do you make your customers more comfortable shopping during the coronavirus? Displaying your commitment to hygiene during this time will give your customers confidence in your brand and your products.
- Provide hand hygiene options. Having a hand sanitizer in the lobby that is available to customers will reduce the risk of cross-contamination. This helps keep your staff and the customer protected. A CleanTech® fully-automated handwashing station shows a serious commitment to health and safety.
- Pickup orders. With a highly infectious disease like COVID-19, it’s important to provide ways for people to be in the store for as short of time as possible. Phone ordering is a great option, as well as using an online service like weedmaps.com. By providing pickup ordering options you can keep the interactions brief and safe.
- Social distancing. It’s a good idea to only allow one person in the store at a time and it’s best if they stay in the lobby. For those standing outside waiting to go in, place some kind of identifier, like cones or tape, at the proper spacing for waiting in line.
By practicing the above measures not only will your customers gain confidence in your brand, but you also help to flatten the curve. It’s important to do our part to curb the spread of the virus and with the proper precautions in place, the cannabis industry can adapt to maintain operation safely.
Check out our line of fully automated handwashing stations. CleanTech® removes more than 99.9% of pathogens in just 12-seconds. Make a commitment to safety by guaranteeing clean hands with CleanTech®